Why miss out on Oktoberfest? We'll bring the Biergarten to you!
We are taking the precautions the CDC recommends, and suggesting that all private gatherings be outdoors with plenty of space to spread out. See the information below. Contact Valina for pricing and availability.
You, your family, and your friends' health at your backyard Oktoberfest party is important to us.
Here are some suggestions for hosting a party during Covid times:
- Host the event outdoors. If in a garage, or covered porch, ensure there is plenty of ventilation. If forced to be indoors because of rain, open windows and bring fresh air in. Keep space between guests.
- Encourage guests to bring their own snacks and drinks.
- For drinks in coolers for guests: use ice packs or frozen water containers to keep drinks cold - this discourages transfer of germs in ice water where drink bottles or cans are.
- Designate a couple of people to be in charge of serving food, or serve food in already prepared closed containers.
- Consider inviting a food truck, like The Sauer Kraut food truck.
- Avoid communal plates of food - serve snacks in single serving bowls.
- Provide single serving condiment packets; salt, pepper, mustard, mayo, ketchup if possible.
- Provide enough disposable serving ware, plates, cups, utensils, napkins so nothing needs to be re-used.
- Wash or sanitize hands before using self serve beer kegs.
- If using traditional steins or masskrug, make sure not to touch the spout of the keg to the glass when re-filling.
- Avoid close contact with guests who are not normally in close contact with you.
- Have plenty of trash bins with lids to dispose of used serving ware right away.
- Provide a bottle of disinfectant wipes in your guest bathroom. Provide paper towels for drying hands, and bin to dispose of them.
- Review the CDC's website prior to your event for up to date information.
Let's Party! Prost Y'all!